Labour Legislation Charts
- Summary of The Basic Conditions of Employment Act with amendments
Included gratis “Maternity Leave, Parental Leave, Adoption Leave, Variation by Agreement, Deeming of persons as Employees”.
- Summary of The Employment Equity Act” with Penalties.
Included gratis- “Code of Good Practice – Your Equity Plan.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Minimum Wage Act
- Additional information
Am I Legally Compliant?
The Department of Labour sets strict requirements on what legislation needs to be displayed for the benefit of employees. Look around your office. If you cannot see the following pieces of legislation displayed, then in all probability you are non-compliant.Non-Compliance can incur penalties and in non-compliance cases you will be forced to comply.
- Summary of The Basic Conditions of Employment Act. (Compulsory to Display)
- Summary of The Employment Equity Act. (Compulsory to Display)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act. (Compulsory to Display)
Why must I be Compliant?
The “Department of Labour” requires that all employees be aware of their rights within the company environment and the roles employers play in ensuring these rights. The compulsory legislation to be displayed gives a general overview of these.